David J. McHale is a member of the Insurance Defense/Casualty Litigation Practice group and the Environmental Law Practice group. Mr. McHale specializes in complex civil litigation and concentrates his practice on construction defect, product liability, asbestos bodily injury, and catastrophic personal injury matters. Mr. McHale also specializes in insurance coverage, property damage subrogation claims, and soil and groundwater contaminant investigation.
David J. McHale began his career as a civil litigator when he joined Langsam Stevens Silver & Hollaender in 2013. He was the first attorney hired by the Hollaender practice group after it joined LSSH. Now a Partner, Mr. McHale is a seasoned attorney with extensive experience in all aspects of civil litigation, including appellate work. He successfully defends his clients in courts from Philadelphia County to Centre County in Pennsylvania, and from Bergen County to Cape May County in New Jersey, securing favorable judgments or settlements at trial, arbitration, and mediation.
Mr. McHale is an Ivy League graduate with a B.A. in English literature and creative writing from Dartmouth College. A true son of the College on a hill, this vox clamantis in deserto is an uncompromising advocate for his clients who understands the value of relationships and a steady disposition in resolving complex cases.
Mr. McHale received his J.D. from the Beasley School of Law at Temple University, learning trial advocacy from nationally recognized educators in this field. A consistent member of the honor roll and a teaching assistant under some of the top legal minds in their fields, Mr. McHale cherishes the relationships he made at Beasley.
Outside of the office, he enjoys spending time with his beautiful family and playing ice hockey (in an adult, no checking league). Mr. McHale also writes and performs music. His lifelong dedication to this craft instilled an attention to detail, a comfort with stages big and small, and a commitment to excellence that inform his legal practice every day.
AWARDS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Member of the Pennsylvania and New Jersey bars
- Successfully defended summary judgment in favor of client on appeal before the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of commercial landlord in property damage action brought by lessor
- Argued before the New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division a novel question of law involving “intentional act” exception to employer immunity under New Jersey Worker Compensation Act
- Defends construction contractors in construction defect lawsuits involving residential, commercial, and public construction projects
- Defends clients in Pennsylvania Courts of Common Pleas from Philadelphia to Centre County and in New Jersey Superior Courts from Atlantic to Middlesex County
- Appeared Pro Hac Vice in New York and Delaware State Courts