Langsam Stevens Silver & Hollaender is rich with attorneys who are experienced in environmental law and who also have extensive environmental engineering and government experience. They have an impressive track record in litigation, transactions and counseling.
• Court and administrative proceedings
• Cost recovery
• Insurance defense
• Civil and criminal enforcement
• Citizen suits
• Storage tanks
• Toxic torts
Representative Environmental Litigation Matters Include:
• Defending Fortune 500 companies in major multimedia enforcement action before the United States Environmental Protection Agency and the Environmental Appeals Board.
• Representing groups of major corporations at Superfund sites as liaison counsel and as group litigation counsel.
• Appealing permit denials of Philadelphia Air Management Services to the Licensing and Inspection Review Board.
• Representing interests of environmental consultants, remediation contractors, engineers, tank testers, excavators and other environmental professionals.
• Defending companies against CERCLA penalty and enforcement actions and in CERCLA-related arbitrations and mediations.
• Appealing a comprehensive Title V permit before the Pennsylvania EHB on behalf of a large chemical plant, leading to a favorable settlement.
• Representing property owners in litigation and in disputes with environmental agencies.
Regulatory Compliance and Permitting
• Air pollution control
• Title V permitting, emission reduction credits, new source review
• Solid and hazardous waste
• Storage tanks
Representative Regulatory Compliance Matters Include:
• Advising chemical companies on requirements of RCRA reclamation and recycling rules
• Assisting waste facilities to obtain permits from DEP
• Counseling sewer authorities regarding water quality and sewage facilities requirements
• Representing clients in air, waste and water quality penalty matters before federal, state and local agencies
Real Estate, Site Restoration and Brownfields
• Development, including projects in environmentally sensitive areas
• Due diligence
• Liability protection
• Regulatory approvals
• Grants and loans
• Property management issues, including storage tanks, asbestos, radon and mold
• Environmental insurance
Representative Real Estate & Site Restoration Matters Include:
• Advising secured creditors on acquisition and disposition of foreclosed contaminated properties
• Attaining compliance with Pennsylvania’s Act 2 program
• Obtaining No Further Action letters in New Jersey
• Negotiating buyer/seller agreements and prospective purchaser agreements
• Counseling developers on requirements for stormwater and the management of contaminated soil
• Brownfields redevelopment
Representative Site Restoration Transactional Matters Include:
• Advising secured creditors on acquisition and disposition of foreclosed contaminated properties attaining compliance with Pennsylvania’s Act 2 program
• Obtaining No Further Action letters in New Jersey.
• Negotiating buyer/seller agreements and prospective purchaser agreements.